[REVIEW REQUEST]: New chapter on MAC (draft)

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 22 01:06:39 UTC 2004

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 21:00:24 -0400
Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

Whats up Brian?  :)

> On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 04:02:25PM -0400, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> > On Mon, 10 May 2004 17:49:18 -0400
> > Tom Rhodes <trhodes at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> >
> > Updated with comments from this list and a few in private.
> >
> > Check it out:
> >
> > > Check out the built chapter at:
> > > http://people.freebsd.org/~trhodes/mac/mac.html
> > >
> > > Check out the source at:
> > > http://people.freebsd.org/~trhodes/mac/chapter.sgml
>
> Very nice job!  Here are my notes on what I've read:
>
> 1. In 11.4.1.1, a '/' is missing in the label setting.

Can't remember if I fixed this or not.

> 2. In 11.4.2 "The Singlelabel" seems syntactically strange, as does
>    "swap file system."

Fixed,

> 3. In 11.4.3, perhaps "sysctl -d security.mac" would be better.

Hmmm, good point.

> 4. The 11.10.1 section seems to end prematurely.

I think this has been fixed,

> 5. "Sensibility" should be "sensitivity" in 11.11.  Why is the number
>    "six thousand" specifically mentioned?

Random pull out of my ass.

> 6. In 11.13, the behavior of auxiliary-labeled directories should
>    be explained.  Specifically, this allows creation of directories
>    with one grade that allow objects, of the auxiliary grade, to be
>    created in them -- sort of like "sticky directories."  For exec,
>    it results in something similar to "setuid execution."

Noted, I'll probably fix this later.

Note that I already committed a version to doc/ but it
was a lot better than this version.  :)

Thanks for the review, sorry I already fixed it.

--
Tom Rhodes