New firewall section for handbook

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Sat Jun 12 16:02:17 UTC 2004

I have been using FBSD since 4.2 release and feel the firewall
section of the handbook is lacking it it's coverage of the 2 long
time built in software firewall solutions, IPFW and IPFILTER. There
is no mention of ipfilter at all or the new  addition of PF from
openbsd that was just ported August 2003.  I have an complete
rewrite of the handbook firewall section which address this short
coming that I can submit as an ms/word file or html code.  I do not
have time to wet nurse this rewrite as it goes through the technical
review process or to put it in the form you may request it in.  If
someone from the doc team will accept my original document and take
responsible to move it through the process to get it published in
the handbook, then I am more than willing to release it to public
domain so you can use it. I am not an member of the doc list, just
the questions and ipfw lists so please email me direct and put my
email address in the cc field on all emails related to my handbook
firewall rewrite doc.

Joe