Creating an Admin Handbook

Denis Peplin den at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 26 05:48:18 UTC 2004

Hello!

Hiroki Sato wrote:
> Hi, sorry for the delay.  I was in trouble with my network
> connection for the past week...

Sorry for delay too, i have some troubles on my REAL_JOB...

> Denis Peplin <den at freebsd.org> wrote
>   in <40FC049D.4010902 at FreeBSD.org>:
>
> den> Currently we have one small problem with links between books -
> den> relative and absolute links. For example, in printed version of
> den> Handbook I see something like: ../faq/some_url.html
>
> Denis Peplin <den at FreeBSD.org> wrote
>   in <40FCDD4B.5050904 at FreeBSD.org>:
>
> den> +
> den> +<!-- put links to articles and books here -->
> den> +
> den> +<!ENTITY url.bn.articles "&url.base;/doc/bn_BD.ISO10646-1/articles">
> den> +<!ENTITY url.bn.books "&url.base;/doc/bn_BD.ISO10646-1/books">
> (snip)
>
>  I looked your patch, but I think entities with langcode should
>  not be divided as url.<lang>.book and so on, since it increases
>  the number of entities and make difficult to maintain it.

Yes, bit more difficult to maintain, but for any translation project
at least two entities required: url.<lang> and url.en, and for
translation projects I see some advantage: just do s/url.en/url.<lang>/
where it needed.

I have new version prepared:
http://people.freebsd.org/~den/misc/tmp/26072004_urls.diff

>  I will work on the issue this weekend, so could you please
>  wait?  Thanks.

Yes, I can :)