Creating an Admin Handbook

Murray Stokely murray at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 20 14:32:11 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 04:07:59PM +0200, Marc Fonvieille wrote:
> For the moment
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/
> gives an "overview" of Handbook sections/chapters, if after the split(s)
> the Handbook keeps a similar ToC it will be fine, otherwise we will
> loose a part of the Handbook strengths.
>
> Well this is "my personal opinion", and of course I see some advantages
> in the split, it's why I did not say "No" to the split.  I say "Ok but be
> careful" :)

It would be nice to have a shared table of contents for the online
version with :

Volume I : User Handbook
* Chapter 1 : Introduction
* Chapter 2 : Installation
* Appendix D

Volume II : Admin Handbook
* Chapter 1

We could create something like this with a Perl script during the web
build pretty easily.

Eventually we would want to do this with olinks and <books> in a
single <set> element.

	- Murray