Glossary Build

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Sun Jul 18 22:38:39 UTC 2004

I've got a first pass at a what I think Simon was suggesting, a program
that builds a custom glossary containing only the terms found in a given
directory.

glossbuild is a Perl program that scans through SGML files looking for
acronym tags.  When found, it checks the "global" glossary.  If there's
a glossentry for the term, it's printed to stdout, as are glossdiv tags.

If /usr/doc/en*/share/sgml/glossary/freebsd-glossary.sgml is the
"global" glossary, ulinks in the resultant custom glossary will be
broken.  There are bound to be other issues.

Is building a customized glossary for the Handbook in the Handbook
directory the way to proceed, or is there a better way?