[Handbook - Chapter 2.7] Adding informations about "DOS"

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at freebsd.org
Thu Jul 15 12:00:37 UTC 2004

On 2004-07-15 00:34, Eddahbi Karim <thetemplar at free.fr> wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> I had to use the DOS installation method because my CD-ROM didn't work
> and I have an USB Modem which can't be setup while installing FreeBSD.
>
> I think that you should some informations about this installation media
> in the Chapter 2.7 of the Handbook.
> There's a short description in the INSTALL.TXT file which is stored on
> the first FreeBSD CD.
>
> " 1.5.3 Installing from a DOS partition
> [snip]

Very cool!  Thanks for taking the time to mail us.

I haven't used a non-CDROM installation for ages, so I wasn't aware that
the DOS installation still works.  What version of FreeBSD did you
install?  Did everything go as expected?  Any other details that you
think DOS-using people should pay attention to?

Giorgos