Handbook Acronyms

Murray Stokely murray at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 14 13:13:30 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 08:53:46PM -0600, Warren Block wrote:
> Surprisingly, it turns out that the terms presently defined in the
> glossary are not used in the Handbook at all, and vice versa.

Yes the current terms look a bit out of place in the Handbook.  There
are mostly developer terms and acronyms from our community mailing lists at
the moment.  It's nice to have them somewhere, but they aren't
relevant with the Handbook.  It would be great if we could continue
maintaining a master glossary like we do now, but add stylesheet
support to only pull in those terms that are actually used in a given
document.  All the tools are there, someone just needs to write the
code.  A supplemental perl script might be used in addition to the
DSSSL code to implement this.   Any takers? =)

      - Murray