RFC: new doc on jail + quota

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Sat Jul 10 22:30:28 UTC 2004

I've recently been experimenting with running filesystem quotas within
jails.

In case you haven't tried this, there are a number of gotchas, quirks and
tricks involved.  So far I haven't found any documentation on doing this,
thus I've had to experiment to determine what works and what doesn't, and
how to get things working right.

Now I want to get this documented, and I'm curious as to how folks think
I should do so.  I see three possibilities, and the correct thing to do
may be more than one.

1) Update the various man pages for jail and quota commands to document
   the interaction
2) Add a chapter to the handbook on running disk quotas within a jail
3) Write a new article for the articles section of the docs that details
   what to do to get it working.

What does the doc team think is the better approach?

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies