docs/61628: Mistake in Handbook, section 8.6.4 passwd

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Wed Jan 21 05:26:07 UTC 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Ceri Davies wrote:

>  > Users must type in ther original password before changing their
>  > password, to prevent an unauthorized person from changing their password
>  > when the user is away from their console.
>
>  Losing the comma would result in a grammatically correct, though
>  unwieldy, sentence.  The easiest way to deal with is to move "before
>  changing their password," to the beginning of the sentence.

Still unwieldy, though.  This may be a little better:

  To prevent accidental or unauthorized changes, the original password
  must be entered before a new password may be set.

(And "may be set" looks wrong, but it's late and I can't come up with
anything else except "assigned", which also looks wrong...)