New freebsd user here

Hugh Krogh-Freeman hkrof at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 03:58:19 UTC 2004

Hello everyone. I just installed Free BSD 5.1 on my computer. I know C++ and C, but I am not able to get C++ to compile yet because it doesn't recognize cout and endl (I wrote a simple "hello world" program). I assume it's because I am not including the right library. Do I need to login as a "root" everytime I want to shutdown? Also, I have windows and bsd on the same machine. Can anyone tell me a way of reinstalling just one of them in case I need to, rather than both of them? Thanks a million

- hkrof.