PLEASE REVIEW: MAINTAINER policy addendum to porters-handbook

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 8 23:13:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 18:08, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Ceri Davies <ceri at submonkey.net> writes:
> > Perhaps "excluding major public holidays"?
>
> Public holidays, even major ones, vary from country to country, and
> sometimes even within the same country.

Indeed they do, but this is mainly for holidays where people may
actually be away for two weeks.  If there are disputes, the maintainer
can always revert the changes when they return.  What we want to do is
try to codify some of these policies to avoid the mess we saw recently
with MySQL, Samba, and Squid.

Portmgr can also arbitrate any heated disputes that may arise from this.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus at FreeBSD.org