PLEASE REVIEW: MAINTAINER policy addendum to porters-handbook

Ceri Davies ceri at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 8 22:15:53 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 05:08:06PM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> Attached is a patch to the porter's handbook that spells out the
> policies regarding maintainer timeout, AWOL maintainers, and special
> privileges granted to portmgr@ and so at .  Can someone please review these
> changes, and let me know if they are okay to commit?  Thanks.

Looks fine from a docbook point of view, Joe, but I think perhaps
"holidays" could be better defined; do you mean "the maintainer is on
holiday", or "public holidays"?  If the latter, whose?

> +        <para>If the maintainer of a port does not respond to a an update
> +          request from a user after two weeks (excluding holidays), then

I wouldn't normally be picky, but this is a policy definition.

Ceri