tidy flag

Alex Dupre ale at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 8 21:40:23 UTC 2004

What's the purpose of the -preserve tidy flag introduced in the doc/www
build infrastructure 2 years ago? I know what it does, but I'd like to
know what was the problem that required its implementation, to
understand if it's still needed. My question is due to the fact that
-preserve option is a hack of the tidy port and it's not supported by
the newer tidy-devel port. So the question become: should we add the
-preserve flag to tidy-devel or can we replace/remove that flag?

--
Alex Dupre