Problems with mirrors.xml and advisories.xml

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jan 7 03:59:37 UTC 2004

Hi,

Hiroki Sato <hrs at freebsd.org> wrote
  in <20031230.052723.71544261.hrs at eos.ocn.ne.jp>:

hrs>  I put a new patchset[*] to fix both of the month name and
hrs>  the sort order problem.  Alex and Martin, thanks for the report
hrs>  of de_DE.ISO8859-1 and it_IT.ISO8859-15.  However, I am still
hrs>  afraid about if the order in Russian docs are properly or not.
hrs>  If anyone tried, please let me know.

 A slightly revised version of the patchset which includes en and ja only
 has been put at http://people.freebsd.org/~hrs/docwww_monthname_sort2.diff.gz.
 The changes include:

  - If $WEB_ONLY is defined, mirrors.xml and transtable.xml is not used.
    A list of the mirror sites generated in index.html becomes a dummy one,
    and calling transtable-lookup with a word returns the word itself.
    Now www/ tree can be built without doc/ tree (some information becomes
    unavailable though).

  - <month><name> in advisories.xml, news.xml, and press.xml uses
    a number, not a name to make the localization easy.  The number->name
    translation is performed on the fly.

  - The structure of transtable.xml has been changed; <group id="word-group">
    should be used to grouping <word> elements.

  - A sorting order of <entry> in mirrors.xml is determined
    by sort(1).

 I think I will commit the patchset this weekend.  For what kind of changes
 are needed for the translation teams, please see the patchset previously
 posted (http://people.freebsd.org/~hrs/docwww_monthname_sort.tar.gz).
 Even if the necessary changes are not applied in the localized
 directories, it should not break the build.  It will simply generates
 a non-localized list in that case.

 And, the patchset should not break other conventions.  If you notice
 a problem or feel the changes are too disruptive, please let me know.