can not find: idmapd(8)

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Wed Feb 25 00:49:15 UTC 2004

Kalten wrote:

>Hello dear freeBSD-WWW-Team!
>
>About the manual page »idmapd(8)«:
>(I do not know, if You already are aware of the following problem)
>
>I am neither able to find it on my system (5.2-CURRENT), nor (and that is the
>bigger problem) am I able to find it on the freeBSD-Webserver.
>For example at [1] (link on the bottom of the mount_nfs4(8) manual page[2])
>
>If You had time to correct this problem, it would be fine ;-)
>
>I thank You in advance,
> sending friendly greetings from Graz (in Austria),
>  Yours Kalten.
>
>Footnotes:
>[1]  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=idmapd&sektion=8&apropos=0&manpath=FreeBSD+5.2-RELEASE
>
>[2]  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=mount_nfs4&sektion=8&manpath=FreeBSD+5.2-RELEASE

Hello, Austria!!!

I'm guessing that this is not yet an issue for
the documentation team, believe it or not.

I would be interested in knowing if idmapd(8) is
on your machine at all.  /src/sbin/Makefile does
not yet seem to be set to build this program, and
it does not appear on my workstation (5.2-RELEASE).

According to the CVS web at www.freebsd.org,
it is not yet being built by /src/sbin/Makefile(v.1.134)
in -CURRENT (HEAD), either.

I do imagine that when the program is added to
FreeBSD, the manpage will appear as well.  It
seems to be rather new work; perhaps we should
both be reading current@ ....

:-)

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.