NAT

Marc Fonvieille blackend at FreeBSD.org
Thu Feb 19 10:00:48 UTC 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 10:59:01AM +0800, Stanley Chan wrote:
> Dear FreeBSD,
>
> I am build my server with the FreeBSD 4.9. I am also building the NAT,
> could you kindly tell me which file should I put the following command
> as described in the documents. I want to enable one machine behind the
> firewall to run web server.
>
> In the above example, the argument should be:
>
>     -redirect_port tcp 192.168.0.2:6667 6667
>     -redirect_port tcp 192.168.0.3:80 80

As written few lines below:

---
These options can be used when directly running natd(8) or placed within
the natd_flags="" option in /etc/rc.conf.
---

However something is missing in the Handbook: how to define a natd rules
file, for example adding the following line in /etc/rc.conf:

natd_flags="-f /etc/natd.conf"

with /etc/natd.conf providing options and translation rules:

redirect_port tcp 192.168.0.2:6667 6667
redirect_port tcp 192.168.0.3:80 80

I will fix this doc issue soon.  Thanks for the report.

Marc