Firewall chapter paragraph explanation

Remko Lodder remko at elvandar.org
Mon Dec 27 17:26:03 UTC 2004

Matteo Riondato wrote:
> Hi folks!
> I'm translating the Firewall chapter of the Handbook in Italian (and
> while doing this, I'm also trying to clarify a bit the English version,
> as pointed out in PR docs/75422).
> I find real difficulties in understanding and translating lines
> 1022-1024 of chapter.sgml :
> <title>STATEFUL</title>
> packets that match the rules selection parameters is to activate the
> stateful filtering facility.</para>
>
> I think it means:
> "keep state" means that the stateful filtering facility must be
> activated for any packet that matches the rule selection parameters of a
> pass rule."
>

> Am I wrong? Is the chapter paragraph syntactically and grammatically
> correct?
>
> Best Regards

Hi Matteo,

The chapter is not syntactically and gramatically alright. We
are working on that (Simon is, and i am trying to help :)).

I think your explaination is more clear then the current
one :-).

Cheers:)

--
Kind regards,

      Remko Lodder  ** remko at elvandar.org
      Reporter DSINET  **  remko at DSINet.org
      Founder Tienervaders  ** remko at tienervaders.org
      FreeBSD Documentation Project  ** remko at FreeBSD.org