docs/63808: No manpage for devfs.conf

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 12 23:07:35 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have recently switched to FreeBSD. Although IMHO FreeBSD is very well
documented, with lots of excellent manual pages, I really missed manual
pages for devfs.conf and devfs.rules.

So I created them, based on my reading of other manual pages and the
startup scripts. You can find them at the following URI:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/freebsd/

I would like to ask for feedback on these manual pages. In particular I
would like to know what needs to be done to make them suitable for
submission, and whom I should submit them to when finished, since manual
pages are not deemed to be part of the documentation set.

Although I've tried to adhere to groff_mdoc(7) and have used other
manual pages as examples, the lists in the examples in devfs.conf.5 and
devfs.rules.5 come out mangled when rendering in HTML. Text and
PostScript look fine. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Roland
--
R.F. Smith                           /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
r s m i t h @ x s 4 a l l . n l      \ /    No HTML/RTF in email