Doc BoF at EuroBSDCon

Bruce A. Mah bmah at freebsd.org
Mon Dec 6 20:52:23 UTC 2004

If memory serves me right, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:

>   - With SGML -> XML conversion we will loose the "IGNORE"
>     functionality from SGML, but it is not widely used, and where such
>     functionality is needed it can e.g. be handled in other ways.
>     This is used to be able to build sub directories in the Handbook,
>     but this has been broken for a while and nobody has complained
>     about that yet...

Sorry for the late response...I was on vacation and even when I'm around
I don't follow the lists as closely as I used to.

I just wanted to mention that I seem to recall using IGNORE to handle
aspects of the conditional text rendering for RELNOTESng
(platform-specific details, as well as snapshot vs. release boilerplate
text).  If this is true, I'd dispute the "not widely used" comment
above.  No other comments on your proposal however.

Cheers,

Bruce.