cvs commit: doc/no_NO.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/basics chapter.sgml

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Sun Aug 22 17:42:37 UTC 2004

Aasmund Eikli wrote:
> Thanks for the input. I'll take a look and see what I can do. As for
> editor, I dont use vi (because I find it rather tedious for big texts)
> and Emacs (because I dont have a monitor connected to that box, hence no
> X). So I'm using Textpad for Windows to translate the chapters. Sue me. :)

Hmm, rather help you do the job more easily.  Aside from the issue of using
entities rather than locale-specific charsets, if you're not happy with your
editor because you have to use Windows for reasons unspecified, it seems
likely that you could instead run a terminal emulator (teraterm, Putty) to SSH
to a FreeBSD system.  You could also install Emacs or some other editor under
Windows via Cygwin: http://www.cygwin.com/.

--
-Chuck