Problem with font with tetex.

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Sat Aug 21 09:47:08 UTC 2004

Josef Karthauser <joe at freebsd.org> wrote
  in <20040821093623.GA11866 at genius.tao.org.uk>:

joe> On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 11:23:06PM +0200, Marc Fonvieille wrote:
joe> >
joe> > First check texconfig: launch texconfig and check everything.
joe> >
joe>
joe> Yes that looks ok, no errors or anything.
joe>
joe> > It may be a dvips problem, you may want to check your dvips
joe> > installation.  What port has been used for dvips, print/dvips or
joe> > print/dvipsk-tetex?
joe>
joe> I've got 'dvips-5.76' installed.  The document in question is a thesis,
joe> and I'm using latex to produce dvi, dvi to ps and ps to pdf.

 print/dvips does not work with teTeX.  You should use print/teTeX (this
 includes dvips) or print/latex+print/dvips.

 If you installed print/dvips after installing print/teTeX, your
 /usr/local/share/texmf tree could be broken.  I recommend
 to remove all TeX related ports and /usr/local/share/texmf entirely,
 and reinstall print/teTeX only.