Handbook chapter 22 section 10

frank brierley frank at brierley.id.au
Tue Aug 10 00:43:11 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've been going through the handbooks discussion on SMTP authentication
and found that the document could use a little updating.  The
instructions result in an error where sendmail wont read a database file
in /usr/local/etc if the permissions are set for group or world read,
and doesn't have permission to read if set for user read only.

Might I suggest using the cyrus-sasl2-saslauthd port rather than the
cyrus-sasl port.  Here is a link to a set of instructions that worked
smoothly for my 4.10 machine

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~hemi/freebsd/sendmail.html

yours

Frank Brierley