[RFC] Preliminary Simplified Chinese Project patchset for review

Xin LI delphij at frontfree.net
Tue Aug 3 17:40:49 UTC 2004

Hi, Marc

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 06:33:57PM +0200, Marc Fonvieille wrote:
> I did a very very quick read, and I noted in your patchset some pages
> are not translated (like applications.sgml or trademarks.ent for example),
> you should not import/add what is already there and just link to the
> en_US version instead.

Oh... Sorry for that, I did not finished translation for certain part
of the zh_CN tree.  IMO, before the work can be integrated into the
official repository, we must finish at least the top-level zh_CN/
files as well as news/ and security/.  I expect I can finish the news/
and security/ in a couple of days during my spare time.

> It seems you are alone working on translation, am I right?

Yes and No :-) The currently imported www/ work is based on a suspended
work of the index.xsl work, while the most part of others was done by
myself.  I have re-written the build infrasture in order to adopt it
into the new www/ and doc/ build structure.

Also, there was a collbrative effort on the Handbook translation,
which could be accessed here, and most of them will be included in my
final submission:

http://www.freebsd.org.cn/snap/doc/zh_CN.GB2312/books/handbook/

I have not finished the cleanup of these work and I think I can finish
them within this week.  Currently I am re-orgnaizing our local repository
to prepare a `commit-ready' one.

Thanks!

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij frontfree net>	http://www.delphij.net/
See complete headers for GPG key and other information.