fdp-primer lang problems

Roman Neuhauser neuhauser at chello.cz
Wed Apr 28 22:14:09 UTC 2004

I'm having a few problems with the FDP primer.

Nowhere it says that the value of $LANG has any impact on the build
process, yet both the clean and all targets in /usr/doc end with

roman at isis /usr/doc 1003:0 > sudo make clean

(...)

===> cs_CZ.ISO8859-2
cd: can't cd to /usr/doc/cs_CZ.ISO8859-2
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/doc.
roman at isis /usr/doc 1003:1 >

and the only source of that locale I can found is the environment
variable LANG. But, I'm quite sure many more people would run into
problems like this, so I conclude there's something wrong with my
setup. But what? I have no local changes in /usr/doc. Where's the value
sneaking in through?

It doesn't mention DOC_LANG, either. Since plain make failed with the
above error, and since I don't care about anything but English at all,
I looked around for a way to only build that. The primer is silent on
this.