author's email adress

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Mon Sep 15 15:47:13 UTC 2003

Just because the example says we can, doesn't mean that we have to,
however.

DocBook supports a lot of things that we don't do.

So, it's no requirement, but it can be done.

==ml

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 03:36:58PM +0200, Oliver Fischer wrote:
> Did you read this?
>
> http://www.es.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/sgml-markup-docbook.html#AEN1464
>
> Look at the articleinfo element. In this example it contains the
> author's mail address.
>
> MfG
>
> Oliver Fischer
>
> Michael W. Lucas wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Frequently, the "original author" would not recognize the document as
> >it exists in the doc repository.  Many documents have been rewritten
> >over the years.
> >
> >Also, just because someone wrote a document doesn't mean that they
> >want to answer questions about it.  That's what mailing lists are for.
> >:-)
> >
> >==ml
> >
> >On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 01:50:20AM +0200, Josef El-Rayes wrote:
> >
> >>hi!
> >>
> >>i was wondering why there is no email adress of the author of articles
> >>available. i think adding something like:
> >>
> >><author>
> >>	<firstname>Joe</firstname>
> >>	<surname>Randmon</surname>
> >>	<email>jr at freebsd.org</email>
> >></author>
> >>
> >>would be quite useful for people that have questions after reading the
> >>article as specific questions might be best answered by the author
> >>himself. status-quo makes it very hard to find out how to contact the
> >>author directly.
> >>
> >>tell me what you think of it.
> >>
> >>-josef
> >>--
> >>www: http://www.daemon.li
> >>nic-hdl: JER1080312-NICAT
> >>BSD in AT: www.bsdcode.at
> >>"Make World - Not War!"

Michael Lucas		mwlucas at FreeBSD.org, mwlucas at BlackHelicopters.org
Today's chance of throwing it all away to start a goat farm: 41.8%
           Absolute OpenBSD:   http://www.AbsoluteOpenBSD.com/