docs/56729: [patch] artciles/pr-guidelines: explain meaning of MFC

Ceri Davies setantae at submonkey.net
Fri Sep 12 11:18:18 UTC 2003

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 12:33:33PM +0200, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
> On 2003.09.12 10:38:46 +0100, Ceri Davies wrote:

> > > Good idea, I'd also like to see something like this.  I'm not very familiar
> > > with the docbook infrastructure, what would be the best way to implement it?
> >
> > I'm not sure yet.  Doubtless there is already a method for doing it, but
> > I'll need to check what the relevant elements, etc. are when I get home.
>
> I also think this is a good idea.
>
> As for doing it, I would look at how the bookinfo.legalnotice entity is
> defined.  Basically :
>
> The file doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/share/sgml/bookinfo.ent contains :
>
> <!ENTITY bookinfo.legalnotice SYSTEM "legalnotice.sgml">
>
> And then doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/share/sgml/legalnotice.sgml is the actual
> text which is just included using "&bookinfo.legalnotice;".
>
> I think it would be fairly simple to do something like this for a
> glossary.

Yeah, those are the lines I was thinking along.
My reference to "relevant elements" was that there are very likely <glossary>
elements or similar already, which we can make use of.

Ceri
--
User: DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR?
Iniaes: Sure, I can accept all forms of payment.