a question about FreeBSD Porter's Handbook

sexbear sexbear at tmu.edu.tw
Wed Sep 3 13:26:58 UTC 2003

Recently, I tried to make a port, and I don't want to creat the pkg-plist file manually, so I read Chapter 17 Automated package list creation.
I followed the steps, but got errors when typing make install PREFIX=/var/tmp/port-name ( sorry I can't remeber it~~:p)
Finally, I tried to creat the pkg-plist file manually at first(touch pkg-plist), then it worked well.
Is it a correct step?
If it is, wish it could be added to help someboby.

Regards,
HHCHANG