HEADS-UP: doc/ tree slushie

Bruce A. Mah bmah at freebsd.org
Sun Oct 19 06:13:15 UTC 2003

Let me start by apologizing for the short notice.

Tagging of doc/ for 4.9-RELEASE will happen within the next few days
(probably 20 or 21 October).  Given this, we'd like to slow the rate of
change to doc/en_US.ISO8859-1 in order to give translation teams time
to make any last-minute catch-ups that they need to do.

This doesn't mean "suspend all work", but it's probably a good idea to
postpone large structural changes (i.e. reorganizing a document) for a
little while.  Also, we need to be extra-careful to keep doc/ in a
buildable state for the next few days.

I'll give a more precise date and time for doc/ tagging once I've had a
chance to discuss this with some of the other re@ folks.  My best guess
would be late afternoon (GMT-0700) on 20 September.

Thanks for your help, and once again, my apologies for the short notice
and any inconvenience this may cause.

Bruce.
(speaking more-or-less for re@)