hiding e-mail adresses needed badly

Peter Schultz pmes at btinet.net
Thu Oct 16 09:43:54 UTC 2003

At this point in time it's downright irresponsible not to hide our
addresses.

I've been lurking on this list about a month to get caught up with
-current issues.  Friday was both the first mail I sent to the list,
and the first use of this e-mail address.  The only incoming mail was
from the FreeBSD lists I subscribed to.  However, since that fateful
e-mail I have been viciously attacked by spammers posing as Microsoft
security updaters.  These spams include attachments making them all
around 150KB in size.  Maybe others of you have seen them?

As far as I can tell, these guys are targeting the FreeBSD lists,
exploiting them terribly!  This list's charter states that spam will be
blocked.  Please enforce the list charter, with prejudice.

It would be best if subscribers could just choose to have their address
published or not.  I can understand being so dedicated to the cause that
you're willing to take on some spam.  Non-subscribers addresses should
definitely not be published.

Sincerely,
Pete...