hiding e-mail adresses needed badly

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Wed Oct 15 14:39:14 UTC 2003

On 2003-10-15 17:36, Andrey Chernov <ache at nagual.pp.ru> wrote:
>On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 15:25:51 +0200, Wilko Bulte wrote:
>>
>> I fail to see why this is relevant to -current but OK.. I think that
>
> Maybe developers@ ?
>
>> the opportunity to do this has long since passed. Just type your name
>> in Google and see what happens..
>
> I know, but increasing it at FreeBSD sites make things worse.

Once an email address has been public it's always public.  You can't
stop spammers from sharing addresses they harvested already by hiding
those addresses now.  They already have them.

Bearing this in mind, it's obvious why hiding your address now won't
solve your immediate spam problem.  It might help in avoiding similar
troubles of future subscribers, but I doubt it will prevent it altogether.