Architecture Handbook

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Mon Oct 13 19:07:21 UTC 2003

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 08:36:11PM +0200, Lukas Ertl wrote:

> > There are a few sections marked with * - e.g. "*UFS", "*AFS".  Are
> > those supposed to be markers for sections someone is working on, or
> > are they sections someone wishes someone was working on?
>
> I think the latter - these sections need to be written.

Hmm, figures...

I could have gotten them started at least but can't do it right now
due to a fairly major conflict of interests (I'm proof-reading a
textbook).  Maybe later. :-(

I've spent a week or so of the past three years setting it up so
students could muck around with the UFS code without killing the
entire machine, so I've actually "worked a bit" on the UFS code...
Doing that to the new UFS-2 code was such a pain last time I've
got a student writing "edufs" and we'll use that for the Kernel
Hacking class projects instead of making a "copy" of the UFS code
next Spring.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu