Mirror site listing in Handbook

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Fri Nov 28 18:44:10 UTC 2003

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 03:30:15AM +0900, Hiroki Sato wrote:

>  Ah, yes, they are not rendered now.  It is possible to add links of
>  "rsync://ftp.somewhere/" and "http://ftp.somewhere/" into the list,
>  or add simply "(rsync/http)" into the line.  Which do you like?
>  If you tell me a style you like, I will work on it.

I'd like to keep the listings a reasonable length so lets go with the
"(rsync/http)" after the site names please.  That way we're just using
one line per site no matter how much they support and the lines don't
get too long.

If it's easier to add in a future feature while you're working on this
now, I'd like to add in an indication of IPv6 connectivity.  The world
is actually starting to use it as opposed to just playing with
it... :-) If you do decide to add this in now you could just use
ftp2.ie.freebsd.org as a test case, and I'll use whatever method you
set up to flag that for the rest of the sites once I get a more complete
list.  I know there are several more out there but will need to do a
DNS scan to find them.

Having something like :

	ftp://ftp3.ie.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ (ftp/http/rsync) (IPv6)

maybe?

Thanks.

--
						Ken Smith