Localized mirror names

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Sun Nov 23 18:41:03 UTC 2003

"Simon L. Nielsen" <simon at freebsd.org> wrote
  in <20031123013206.GA399 at arthur.nitro.dk>:

simon> In www/ja/includes.xsl you seem to have some commented out text that
simon> looks leftover and could just be removed e.g.:

Alex Dupre <sysadmin at alexdupre.com> wrote
  in <198309505074.20031123102308 at alexdupre.com>:

sysadmin> I think Hiroki commented out the release notes instead of completely
sysadmin> removing them because when a new release is out his translation team
sysadmin> may take some days to translate the release docs. In the meanwhile he

 Precisely as Alex pointed out. :)

simon> > +XML_NEWS=	${.CURDIR}/news/news.xml
simon> > +XML_NEWS+=	${.CURDIR}/news/press.xml
simon> > +XML_NEWS+=	${.CURDIR}/news/includes.xsl
simon>
simon> Shouldn't theese also use WEB_PREFIX or some other prefix so it works in
simon> other directories than www/<lang>/ ?  This is not too important though.

 Grr, an experimental code has been left.  Yes, it is reasonable for XML_NEWS*
 to be WEB_PREFIX'd.  I am planning to make www/en/news.xml usable
 from www/<lang>/news, because the translation tends to lag behind the original.
 It makes the translated items appear once it is finished.

simon> The doc/share/mk/doc.images.mk file has the A4 workaround, which should
simon> probably be commited seperatly?
(snip)
simon> BTW, I think the text in README.mirrors would be a good candidate to be
simon> moved into the FDP Primer at some point.

 I see.  I will commit changes to doc.images.mk separately and put
 the instruction into the primer after the commit.

simon> There seems to have slipped an extra close parenthesis in
simon> doc/ja_JP.eucJP/share/sgml/transtable.xml :
(snip)
simon> There are some EOL whitespace in:  www/share/sgml/includes.header.xsl,
simon> www/share/sgml/includes.release.xsl, doc/share/mk/doc.common.mk,
simon> doc/share/sgml/README.mirrors, and doc/share/sgml/transtable-master.xsl.

 Fixed, thanks!

simon> I must say that I really like the transtable - seams to be a neat way to
simon> handle it :-).

 Slightly to my regret, although actually I wanted to implement it without
 intermediate files, the implementation needs the files since XSLT 1.0 does not
 provide ways to handle results of applying template as a node set.

 Just to make sure, I put revised patches[*].  Changes from the previous patch
 include:

  - my faults pointed out are fixed.

  - Fix WEB_PREFIX when only DOC_PREFIX is defined.

  - eresources/chapter.sgml now uses mirrors.xml, too.

  - a code fragment in www/<lang>/index.xsl to generate <options> is
    split into a named template in www/share/sgml/includes.xsl.
    It can be commonly used from language dependent directories.

  - tidy up mirrors-master.xsl.

 I intend to commit the patch soon.  advisories.xml should be repo-copy'd
 but I have not received any answers from cvs@, so the revised patch
 uses www/en/security/advisories.xml as an interim measure.  Once it
 is done, I will fix ${XML_ADVISORIES}.

 [*] http://people.freebsd.org/~hrs/doc-mirrors-new2.diff
     http://people.freebsd.org/~hrs/www-mirrors-new2.diff