DocBook help

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 17 22:05:50 UTC 2003

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:55:15 +0100
"Simon L. Nielsen" <simon at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 2003.11.17 16:33:57 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> > Fixed, thanks!
>
> Now that we are at the little things... :-)
>
> When you use the trademark entities in the body of the text, then the
> coresponding attributions entities should be used in the header.  Since you
> use sparc and i386 it should be like this:
>
>     <legalnotice id="trademarks" role="trademarks">
>       &tm-attrib.freebsd;
>       &tm-attrib.intel;
>       &tm-attrib.sparc;
>       &tm-attrib.general;
>     </legalnotice>
>
> I also noticed that there are some end-of-line whitespace in the SGML
> file which should be removed, and some spaces in the beginnig of lines,
> which should be tabs (see [1]).
>
> [1] http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/writing-style.html#WRITING-STYLE-GUIDE

The primer could probably use a workover, although who has the time.

It should include information on some markup, information about the
trademarks, and a better explination of (and example) of adding a
chapter and using the article framework.  If any of these 'issues'
have been fixed, then please pardon my ignorance.

--
Tom Rhodes