DocBook help

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Sun Nov 16 17:37:32 UTC 2003

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 03:27:18AM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 03:19, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> > On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 03:14:33 -0500
> > Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at freebsd.org> wrote:
> >
> > > O wizards of DocBook park, I need some help.  With the help of Kris,
> > > I've put together some instructions on how to build packages on the
> > > build clusters.  I've done my best to mark up the document, but I know I
> > > need some help.  Anything you guys can do to improve the markup or the
> > > readability would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
> >
> > Joe,
> >
> > I only see a pgp sig and the original text in your email, could you
> > send the rest?
>
> Bah, FreeBSD.org is at it again.  This is better anyway:
>
> http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/cluster_article.sgml

I don't qualify as a docbook wizard yet but I am interested in
learning more about the ports system so if the real wizards are
busy with other things I'll take a first pass at this.

I nabbed it this morning.  One of the many valuable lessons I learned
was that new documents should start off with lines ending at around
column 70.  This makes patching them during their lifetime easier,
for various reasons related to the translation teams gratuitous line
wrapping changes down the road are a problem.  I'd like to address
that now as well as a few other things but it means the best thing
to do would probably be for me to just give you back the whole file
when it's done - a patch might wind up being bigger than the file
if I go through and wrap all the lines at around 70 colunms now.

Is that OK?  Once that's done maybe one of the real wizards can
take a look at it to pick up anything I might have missed.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu
  there, funny things are everywhere.   |