Don't know who to e-mail about this

Billy Kimble webmaster at ebaseweb.com
Thu May 22 23:17:55 UTC 2003

Yo -

I'm not sure who I need to be corresponding with but I just had a bit of
trouble installing BSD 2.8 on my Dell PowerEdge 600SC and I think it will
be a common problem for anyone installing to variety of dell servers. Every
time I tried to boot to the CD, it kept gettin stuck at "ata0: resetting
devices"... I let it sit there for 60 minutes once and it never progressed
past that point. The problem was that dell factory ships any servers with
IDE hard drives, with the hard drives on the same IDE channel .. and put
the jumpers on "Auto Select". We had 2 hard drives in the box, so the
solution was to move the 2nd hard drive to the secondary master, or
tertiary master. Hope this helps, and if this isn't where I need to send
this to, lemme know where I do :-P Later!

Billy Kimble, System Administrator
ebase, LLC