Application and command names in <title> elements

Murray Stokely murray at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 21 06:27:25 UTC 2003

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 10:44:45PM +0100, Ceri Davies wrote:
> On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 08:22:55PM +0100, Ceri Davies wrote:
> > I've been taking a high level look at getting all the <title> elements in
> > the handbook ready for the 3rd edition (well, glimpse has been doing all
> > the hard work so far), and I'm very tempted to religiously wrap all application
> > and command names in the appropriate markup.

I think that is a good idea.  We talked of doing this during the 2nd
edition work but I'm not sure if we never got around to it, or if we
made a sweep but now things have slowly drifted back or what.  In any
case, it's a good thing from a high level perspective because "super
XML-tools and search engines yet to be written" can give better
results with more descriptive title names.

As long as it's not a big aesthetic step backwards in the mean time,
I'm all for it.  And even if it is a big aesthetic step backwards, we
can easily ignore the offending tags when enclosed in <title> via
freebsd.dsl.

      - Murray