docs/39214: No my(4) man page

Hiten Pandya hmp at FreeBSD.ORG
Sat May 17 17:25:56 UTC 2003

On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 12:12:45PM -0400, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> On Sat, 17 May 2003 08:04:17 +0300
> Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at freebsd.org> wrote:

> > > 	Ok, a FILES section sounds a like a good idea. 8-)
> >
> > I'm not sure, but it's your work so don't let me stop you from doing
> > useful things.  The only manpages in section 4 that mention files
> > under /usr/src are vlan.4 and vinum.4.  Drivers aren't very likely to
> > move around in the tree but I don't feel very comfortable with paths
> > being hardwired in manpages unless it's absolutely unavoidable.
> >
> > You should probably ask DES, Ruslan, Bruce Evans or another experienced
> > src-hacker before doing this.
> >

> /me puts Ruslan mask on.
>
> [ snip }
> Thus Giorgos is correct in this notion.

	Right, I thought about it after sending the mail and browsing
	some well know man pages, like fxp(4) and xl(4), and since I
	couldn't find any decent man page with a FILES section in
	section 4, I just dropped the idea, also, it saved me the time
	of the whole Review-Change-GoBackToStep1 process. 8-)

	Cheers!

		-- Hiten (hmp at FreeBSD.ORG)