Handbook: Using "make world" Chapter

Gary W. Swearingen swear at attbi.com
Mon May 12 17:05:02 UTC 2003

Hiten Pandya <hmp at FreeBSD.ORG> writes:

> 	Also, it might help if we mentioned, that the make world target
> 	is actually a split, ``buildworld'' and ``installworld''.  Last

It's already mentioned, buried deep in the details, and with too many of
it's own:

    Beginning with version 2.2.5 of FreeBSD (actually, it was first
    created on the FreeBSD-CURRENT branch, and then retrofitted to
    FreeBSD-STABLE midway between 2.2.2 and 2.2.5) the world target has
    been split in two: buildworld and installworld.