docs/52041: testing new mdoc-bug class

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at freebsd.org
Sun May 11 02:16:12 UTC 2003

On 2003-05-10 22:05, Jim Brown <jpb at sixshooter.v6.thrupoint.net> wrote:
>* Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at freebsd.org> [2003-05-10 21:07]:
>>On 2003-05-11 03:53, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:
>>>
>>> 	Testing new gnats class: mdoc-bug.
>>
>> Pardon me for the minor flood to the list, folks.  I wanted to make sure
>> our new, shining, mdoc-bug class works fine for problem reports before I
>> go ahead and use it in our Gnats database or document it in our docs.
>
> Sorry to have to ask this but- what's mdoc-bug for?

I'm adding this class to separate bug reports of the docs/ category to
two classes.  Those that affect manpages (or other parts of the src/
tree) and those that affect doc/*.

This way bug-busters who wish to work only in doc/ can use the web
interface of query-pr(1) or the query-pr command on freefall.freebsd.org
to find out only PRs that will affect doc/.  During a code freeze of src
(right before a release is cut), like the one we have now for
5.1-RELEASE, doc committers can find PRs for doc/ using:

: $ query-pr -q -L doc-bug

Manpage or src/ fixes can be found with:

: $ query-pr -q -L mdoc-bug

The web interface of query-pr and the query-pr command on freefall
already work fine with the new class:

: keramida at freefall[19:06]/home/keramida$ query-pr -L mdoc-bug -q
:    52041 keramida docs     closed    non-criti low      current-us testing new mdoc-bug class
: keramida at freefall[19:14]/home/keramida$

To make send-pr(1) recognise and accept mdoc-bug as a valid class value,
I have prepared a patch that I'll soon commit to both the HEAD and the
RELENG_4 branches... after I get approval from the Release Engineers.

- Giorgos.