Working hardware page proposal

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Fri May 9 13:34:43 UTC 2003

Attila Nagy wrote:
> Hiten Pandya wrote:
>
>>     Err, doesn't Hardware Notes cut it?
>
> It's OK, but too general.
> Today, if you want to make sure that a motherboard will work, you must
> ask it on a mailing list, or search the archives.
>
> I see that this is a big task, but maybe Gregor could take over it :)

I've thought we needed something like this before, when seeing the linux
hardware database.  I'm not certain if it should be on the freebsd.org
site (I would like it to be, so more people would find it, use it, and
trust it), but I'd be willing to run it, host it, and write the software
for it if I could get a few volunteers to help put data in.

Eric