docs/51480: Multiple undefined references in the FreeBSD manual pages

Jim Brown jpb at sixshooter.v6.thrupoint.net
Wed May 7 18:40:21 UTC 2003

The following reply was made to PR docs/51480; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jim Brown <jpb at sixshooter.v6.thrupoint.net>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org, dds at aueb.gr
Subject: Re: docs/51480: Multiple undefined references in the FreeBSD manual pages
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 14:37:31 -0400

 Hi,

 Here is my cvsup file. I keep a local repo copy of
 cvs-all and also gnats, updated every  daily.

 *default host=cvsup2.FreeBSD.org
 *default base=/usr3/FreeBSD
 *default prefix=/usr3/FreeBSD
 *default release=cvs
 *default delete use-rel-suffix
 #*default tag=.  <--- Commented out for CVS mode operation. See cvsup(1).

 # If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following line.
 #*default compress

 ## CVS Repository Supfile
 #
 # See http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html
 #
 cvs-all
 gnats release=current prefix=/usr3/FreeBSD

 I periodically extract from my local repo like this:

 cd /usr2/tmp
 # This updates my contrib, doc, src and www trees
 cvs update -d
 # Then I do
 make all-man
 make maninstall
 -------------------

 Having just done that:

 root at jpb-wks:/usr/share/man#
 root at jpb-wks:/usr/share/man#ls man9/vflush* man9/issign* man9/NDFR* man9/vhol* man9/vdrop* man9/getnewvnod*
 man9/NDFREE.9.gz        man9/issignal.9.gz      man9/vflush.9.gz
 man9/getnewvnode.9.gz   man9/vdrop.9.gz         man9/vhold.9.gz
 root at jpb-wks:/usr/share/man#

 Others skipped for now- results should be the same as above.

 I'm not an expert on CVS- perhaps I have the wrong branch.
 Anyone else have any insight here?

 jpb
 ===