[flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org: Can the FreeBSD handbook be sold?]

Oleg Vyushin ovv at fultus.com
Fri Jun 27 01:18:56 UTC 2003

From: Fultus (ovv at fultus.com)
Subject: Re: Can the FreeBSD handbook be sold?

      View this article only
Newsgroups: lucky.freebsd.questions
Date: 2003-06-26 09:58:08 PST

> ... I'll wget the online doc, pipe it to a
> pdf creator and sell it for $25 ;-P

This is not the straightforward pdf as you can download from FreeBSD
site. This is up-to-date version of this book with the bookmark page.
And THIS IS DIFFERENT. Example of the similar eBook in the different
format (including bookmarked PDF) you can download from Fultus web
site:

http://www.fultus.com/free/documentation.phtml#book_s001

Is this enough?

Miguel Mendez <flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org> wrote in message
news:<20030626115328.4083dbd8.flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org.lucky.freebsd.questions>...
> Hi,
>
> I came across this:
>
> http://store.fultus.com/product_info.php?cPath=5_10&products_id=1
>
> These guys are selling a pdf version of the handbook for 35 bucks a pop.
> Is that legal? Because, if it is, I'll wget the online doc, pipe it to a
> pdf creator and sell it for $25 ;-P
>
> I'm just curious about the status of documentation.
>
> Cheers,Post a follow-up to this message

            Message 3 in thread
On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 11:53:28AM +0200, Miguel Mendez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I came across this:
>
> http://store.fultus.com/product_info.php?cPath=5_10&products_id=1
>
> These guys are selling a pdf version of the handbook for 35 bucks a pop.
> Is that legal? Because, if it is, I'll wget the online doc, pipe it to a
> pdf creator and sell it for $25 ;-P
>
> I'm just curious about the status of documentation.
>
> Cheers,
> --
>         Miguel Mendez - flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org
>         EnergyHQ :: http://www.energyhq.tk
>         Tired of Spam? -> http://www.trustic.com

I beleave the handbook has the same licence as the system, which is BSD.
As long as they don't act against this licence then its legal. And there
is a lot you are allowed to do.

Alex