Small typo in 5.1 release notes for i386

Ceri Davies ceri at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 10 08:49:06 UTC 2003

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 11:24:03AM +0300, ura wrote:
> Hello
>
> There is a small typo in FreeBSD 5.1 release notes for i386.
>
> Said:
>
> GCC has been updated to 3.2.2 (release version).
>
>     Note: GCC is known to produce broken code with the -march=pentium4 option set. As a workaround to avoid this problem, setting the CPUTYPE=p4 Makefile variable (for example, in make.conf(5)) enables GCC's -march=pentium3 option instead. This situation is expected to be resolved when GCC 3.3 is imported.
>

> Need to bee: As a workaround to avoid this problem, setting the CPUTYPE=p3 ...

Actually that's correct as it stands.  Setting CPUTYPE=p4 really does
enable -march=pentium3, for the reasons outlined in the release note.

Ceri
--
User: DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR?
Iniaes: Sure, I can accept all forms of payment.