docs/54678: [patch] add PACKAGESITE to packages chapter

Lukas Ertl l.ertl at univie.ac.at
Mon Jul 21 11:00:33 UTC 2003

The following reply was made to PR docs/54678; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Lukas Ertl <l.ertl at univie.ac.at>
To: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org,
	Josef El-Rayes <j.el-rayes at daemon.li>,
	Marc Fonvieille <blackend at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: freebsd-doc at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: docs/54678: [patch] add PACKAGESITE to packages chapter
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:56:29 +0200 (CEST)

 On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Marc Fonvieille wrote:

 >  This addition should be in or just after the previous para in that
 >  section.  You should also tell what is the default FTP site, which could
 >  be a way to introduce the PACKAGESITE variable.

 Yeah, an example for PACKAGESITE would definitely be a good idea, I never
 how it should look like :-)

 Additionally we should mention that packages for 5.x are in .tbz format.

 regards,
 le

 --=20
 Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl at univie.ac.at
 UNIX-Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073
 Zentraler Informatikdienst (ZID)       Fax.:  (+43 1) 4277-9140
 der Universit=E4t Wien                   http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~le/