build in /usr/doc fails on images

Marc Fonvieille blackend at freebsd.org
Thu Jul 17 18:54:09 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 07:16:57PM +0100, Ceri Davies wrote:

> > FWIW, I now removed ghostscript and peps, and did a "pkg_add -r peps" on
> > the -current box, the pull in precompiled peps and ghostscript-gnu
> > packages. Now the doc build works. Strange.
>
> No such luck here.  See attached script dump.

[...]

I spent all day, and I'm still spending time on that problem.

As I said in my first mail on freebsd-current, the problem occurs with
ps2epsi (this tool is just a script calling GS) with any version of GS.

Just do a ps2epsi on http://people.freebsd.org/~blackend/vinum-concat.ps
and on http://people.freebsd.org/~blackend/vinum-concat-old.ps
On a *bad* system, ps2epsi should crash on vinum-concat.ps (file
generated with Groff 1.19) and not on vinum-concat-old.ps (a Groff 1.18
.ps file).

I have 2 -STABLE systems: one 4.8-STABLE with an untouched GS (not
rebuilded/updated since a while, 7.05) and no problem, the second system
was a 4.8-STABLE with also an untouched GS (7.07) and no problem till
I decided to rebuild GS.  Once I built a new GS, ps2epsi started to
crash.
Well I'm currently trying to find what source change in src/ is guilty.

Marc