contrib.additional.sgml ordered by last name ?

Hiroki Sato hrs at eos.ocn.ne.jp
Wed Jul 16 15:02:51 UTC 2003

Ernst de Haan <znerd at freebsd.org> wrote
  in <200307150953.11512.znerd at FreeBSD.org>:

znerd>    NOTE TO COMMITTERS: Contributors lists are sorted in alphabetical
znerd>    order by last name.
znerd>
znerd> But the list seems to be ordered by first name. For example, the first items
znerd> are:
znerd>
znerd>    ABURAYA Ryushirou
znerd>    AMAGAI Yoshiji
znerd>    Aaron Bornstein
znerd>    Aaron Smith
znerd>    Aaron Zauner
znerd>    Achim Patzner
znerd>    Ada T Lim
znerd>    Adam Baran
znerd>    :
znerd>
znerd> At best, the comment at the top is confusing. At worst, the file is
znerd> misordered.

 Ah, I did not notice this.  I think committers did not take care
 of the order very much (for example, the first two persons are
 probably Japanese and their family name comes first...)

znerd> For now, I will conform to the existing order and add based on ordering by
znerd> the first name.

 I do not know which is reasonable, but I will fix the comment
 at the moment.