Reviewers required for simplified Chinese translations of FreeBSD books

Murray Stokely murray at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 10 08:49:12 UTC 2003

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 10:49:42AM +0930, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> In addition, they have also translated the handbook, apparently from
> the paper copy of the second edition.  See
> http://www.ptpress.com.cn/books/Book_Information.asp?BID=10541 for
> further details.

Yes, we announced that on this list (doc@) about a year ago.  I worked
with them for about 6 months, sent them the artwork for the English
edition, etc.  Bob Bruce met with Tommy Liu of PT Press in Beijing,
and I even got a nice Christmas card out of the deal. ;)

The Handbook translation is half as thick as our English version
because they used thinner paper.  The book is available for
approximately 5 USD in Hong Kong and the mainland.  If you haven't
seen a physical copy I can show you one at BSDCon.

      - Murray