Current unassigned doc problem reports

jonathan michaels jlm at caamora.com.au
Mon Jul 7 23:19:38 UTC 2003

all,

would somebody (freebsd-doc'ers) be able to explain what the
highlighted (in context) means .. given my somewhat awkwardness with
the "written word" it needs to be somewhat "simple" and not couched in
self referential insider terms so to speak.

a lot of this is new to me, that is the words i know and understand
from my own life's experience but they are used in ways that i cannot
releate to and therefor do not understand.

your assistance would be most appreciated.

kind regards

jonathan

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 11:00:46AM -0700, FreeBSD bugmaster wrote:

> Current FreeBSD problem reports

snipped ...

> Bugs can be in one of several states:
>
> o - open
>      A problem report has been submitted, no sanity checking performed.

in case the text gets mangled, the bit i'm seeking clarification for is
teh last bit of teh sentance "no santiy checking performed" and
specifically i do not understand teh meaning of "santiy checking" in
regards to teh submitted and peno problem report.

this question may, probably be best answered off list, i suppose.