zip'ed handbook on ftp-servers have problems with the images

Claes Buurgaard-Jepsen cbj at dmdata.dk
Thu Jul 3 11:30:21 UTC 2003

Hi,

wanting to begin installing FreeBSD I downloaded the Handbook
(book.html-split.tar.zip) as I thought the installations guide might be
helpful  ;-)

To my surprise I was unable to view the images. I tried a few mirrors, but
still no images.

As the file was unzipped on a Windows NT by WinZip, I tried on my Solaris
Box:
It gunzip'ed fine,
but after successfully xtrackting all html-files and the
imagelib/callouts/...png's, tar complained "directory checksum error".

Back in WinZip I noticed the last files in the tar-ball (the image-files,
I guess) had a path description like
"local/1/var/tmp/doc-build/build/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/../../../share/images/books/"
and they ALL had the SAME filename "hand"

Looking on your on-line Handbook I found an image with the following path
"http://www.dk.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install/userconfig.png"

So I guess the "hand"-filename is really handbook/...something.png cut
short.

Is it my brain which needs an upgrade or is your zip'd Handbook broken?

Please help me.

Regards
Claes Buurgaard-Jepsen

Claes Buurgaard-Jepsen